Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The one with my favorite photo

I've taken lots of photos, and lots of them with a 35 mm. I don't expect alot of people younger than me to really remember what a 35 mm camera was, or even that it used film, but before I bought my Nikon D7000 I had 3 cameras. My first was an Olympus 35 mm. The zoom maybe had 40 mm on it. Impressive for being the middle school age that I was! Then the huge digital wave hit my generation. Even though my 35 mm still works great, I was able to talk my parents into getting me a digital camera for Christmas. Another Olympus. And that takes great photos and also still works! I love Olympus cameras. I received this and had it all through college. And I know what you're thinking, and you're completely right. I'm 25 now, and I just got a digital camera 8 years ago. Don't worry, I'm making up for lost time with more photos!

One foggy spring day in college my roommate and I decided to go to a place called Little Girl's Point in the UP of Michigan. While she walked her dog along a section of beach, I found a family of Canada geese and asked them to stand still for a minute so I could snap a photo or two of them. This is the result:


This photo is completely un-edited. I haven't re-touched it or anything. It was really that foggy that day. And it's one of my most treasured photos. I love it so much it's the face of my new business cards (that should be arriving in the mail tomorrow!)

And then a couple of years ago my then-boyfriend (now husband) purchased a smaller Olympus stylus point and shoot camera for me! All of my Olympus cameras have taken great photos for me, and I will never surrender them.

What is your most treasured photo? Is it of people? Animals? Landscapes? How often do you look at it?

No comments:

Post a Comment